The meeting covered the five Joint UN-Government Results Groups (RGs):
- People-centered Governance and Rule of Law
- Sustainable economic diversification, competitive private and financial sectors, enhanced trade promotion
- Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate change adaptation and increased resilience
- Quality, inclusive affordable health and social protection services
- Quality, inclusive and affordable education and skilling systems.
During the meeting the participants discussed the national developmental priorities, synergies between the SDGs and coherence of joint interventions. The RGs’ Co-Chairs presented the Joint Work Plans for the UNSDCF implementation in 2023 and looked at its Funding Framework in detail.
The participants unanimously shared the believe that the UN-Government joint work would benefit from conducting a mid-term review of the UNSDCF to better align with the national priorities, identify more interventions with multiplier effects across the goals and pathways to accelerate achievement of the SDGs. At the end of the meeting the members of the Joint Result Groups under UNSDCF agreed to finalize JWPs and present them at the forthcoming UNSDCF Steering Committee Meeting.