12 mart 2020 - 1 maý 2020
Call for a new cohort of SDG Ambassadors
The UN in Turkmenistan announced the new call for Young SDGs Ambassadors for the 2020.
21 Archabil Highway
The Contest is conducted for the second consecutive year, it is a project of the United Nations and supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan, Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan.
The Contest will be held within March 12, 2020 and April 20, 2020. The applicants have to choose one SDG and proof their motivation. Winners will be nominated as young SDG Ambassadors for the period of one year.
SDG Ambassadors selection process:
- Participants have to choose one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals the ambassador of which they want to become and write a Motivation Letter in Russian or English. The title of the letter should be “Why am I ambassador of #SDG” indicating the number of SDG in the title.
- Sent the Motivation Letter (apr. 500 words) to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2020 and include your name and active phone number in the letter.
- From March 26, 2020 through April 1, 2020 candidates will be shortlisted for the interview by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan, Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan, and the UN Office of Resident Coordinator.
- Interviews will be conducted from April 1, 2020 through April 20, 2020.
- The name of winners will be published on the UN information platforms and national media.
- Age limit – 18-30
- Being a resident and live in Turkmenistan
- Young leader capable to contribute to the achievement of one SDGs
- Proficient in Russian and English (proficiency in other UN languages is an advantage)
- Skills of public leadership, public speaking, and blogging
- Global thinking and desire to act for the benefit of all humanity
- Commitment to UN principles and values